This article will explain to you about Roblox error code 277 and 5 perfect working methods to FIX on PC and Phone
Facing any errors like Roblox Error code 277 while playing a game is the most frustrating time that spoils our gaming and entertainment experience.
Roblox is an amazing platform that brings around 100 million people worldwide together to play the game online.
Please spend a few of your precious time knowing about the Roblox error that says check your Internet connection and how to fix it.
What is error code 277 on Roblox?
Roblox is an amazing platform that brings around 100 million people worldwide together to play the game online.
Roblox error code 277 mostly occurs when you try to join the game or in the middle of any game in Roblox.
You won’t be able to connect again to the game, you try a lot but nothing works.
This Error can be seen on all types of devices but mostly on Windows 10, but we have a few working methods which will help you to fix this error.
Possible Reasons behind Roblox error code 277
Before starting the troubleshooting for error code 277, you should read the reasons behind this which will help you to prevent such errors in the future.
Roblox error code 277 can be because of Roblox server issues or because of any issues from your end.
- Roblox Server Outage
- Corrupt system files or problem with the Device
If the issues are from the Roblox end, you can only wait for the problem to be fixed by them. You can also check the server status at the Roblox server status.
But you should try a few troubleshooting steps from your side as well.
How to FIX Roblox Error Code 277 | PC?
Here we have 8 working methods to fix this error of code 277, but before proceeding to the methods please restart your router, PC, and Roblox.
Few of these steps also work for Roblox error code 267
#1 CLEAR THE BROWSER CACHE and RUN AS ADMIN
Once you have restarted your Windows 10 PC, router and Roblox clear the browser cache as well.
Excess previously saved browser caches may create an issue while playing games with errors like 277 Roblox.
Running the Roblox app as an administrator may grant enough permission to run, so after clearing the browser cache and history run Roblox as administrator.
Follow the below steps to clear the Google Chrome caches
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots located at the very right-hand top.
- From the drop-down hover up to history and click on history again which will bring a new window.
- Find Clear browsing data from the left-hand side and click on it.
- Clear browsing data will now come up, click on Advance > Time range to All time > check all the boxes except Password and Autofill form data.
- Now click Clear Data and wait until the process gets completed. Once done restart your browser.
- Right-click on Roblox and choose run as administrator.
Now all previously saved caches are cleared and you restarted the Roblox games as an administrator.
Hope this will resolve the issue, if not proceed to step #2
#2 RUN ROBLOX IN COMPATIBILITY MODE
Windows compatibility mode is an easy tool to run older programs in the new operating system.
Probably your operating system has been upgraded to windows 10 and you have been using Roblox with the earlier windows.
Here running Roblox in compatibility mode may fix Roblox error code 277.
Even if you have not upgraded your operating system, you must run Roblox in compatibility mode.
Follow the steps for running in compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Roblox icon and choose properties.
- From the Roblox, player properties choose the compatibility tab
- Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode”, and from the drop-down choose the latest version of windows.
- Click Apply and OK. I would recommend running compatibility troubleshooter as well.
Follow the steps to “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter”
- From the Roblox player properties box, click on “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter”
- This will start the process to detect the problem, please wait for some time to be completed.
- Finally, you will receive select troubleshooting options. Here you will get two options, either you can go with try recommended settings or troubleshoot programs.
- Follow the steps once done, restart Roblox again to check.
Follow the steps if you also have issues with Roblox graphics or color under settings
- Under the settings check the box of “Reduced color mode” and try switching the mode.
- Below the reduced color mode, you will find Run in check 640×480 screen resolution. Uncheck the box if visuals are not fine.
- Check on Run as administrator and click on Apply, then on OK.
#3 CLEAR ROBLOX LOG FILES
Like other apps and games, Roblox also saves game history, cache, and temporary files on your device.
Possibly if there are any corrupted files or due to many other reasons, it may cause an error of 277 Roblox to check your internet connection.
The best and fastest way to try this fix is deleting these log files from your computer.
NOTE:- Deleting Roblox log files may delete your previously saved games and settings, but this may fix other glitches of Roblox.
Follow the below steps
- Press Windows + R key to open RUN box and type %localappdata%\Roblox\logs and hit OK.
- Now select all the files by pressing CTRL + A and then Shift + Del key to permanently delete these files.
- Now type again %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\ in the RUN box and hit the enter key.
- Select all the files in this folder by pressing CTRL + A and then Shift + Del key to delete all the files.
Restart your device and start Roblox again, I am sure this may have fixed your Roblox error of 277 and if not proceed to method #4.
#4 LOG ON TO COMPUTER AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
Windows standard users have many limitations, where they cannot make any changes and even limitation applies on games and apps.
If you have already tried running Roblox as an admin, but if you are logged in with any standard account make sure you log out and log in with an administrator account.
- You can verify your windows 10 user account type by typing “your account info” in the windows search box and hit Enter.
- Now you will see your username and below username, you will find the type of account you are using.
- If it says Administrator, you are good but if it says Standard you need to upgrade to the admin account.
You need an account with administrative privileges who can grant you the permission.
If not capable of doing this you can go with computer support at +1215-857-8124 that can help you to resolve all the computer and game issues.
#5 RUN SYSTEM FILE CHECKER
Windows system file checker scans all the protected files and replaces all corrupted files with the windows saved to cache.
If Roblox error code 277 has occurred due to any corrupted files, this windows command will help to scan and fix those corrupted windows files.
To run the system file check command, follow the easy steps
- Type CMD in the search box and choose to run as an administrator.
- Click yes, if the permission box is prompted.
- Now in the black windows of the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the command.
- Wait until the process gets completed and restart the computer.
#6 CHANGE NETWORK or USE VPN
Try switching your network; there are many chances of getting this error code 277 on windows 10 or phone if you have issues with your current network.
- You are using School, office or any restaurant Wi-Fi, there might be restrictions that say Roblox check your internet connection.
- Internet fluctuation or breakage with your home network can also cause such issues.
What you can do is
- If you are connected with any outside Wi-Fi, try connecting with your mobile data through a hotspot. If it works fine with the mobile data, the problem might be with the Wi-Fi.
- Restart your router, open Roblox again, and check if it’s working or not. If not contact your Internet service provider and complain that you have trouble playing a game.
Make sure you mention to check the ping and port.
You can try connecting to VPN which may fix the Roblox error of 277, you can download Nord VPN to access.
If you are already running VPN, try disconnecting it and use with normal connection
#7 CHANGE OPENED PORTS ON THE ROUTER
There are many ports in the router which are either blocked or not opened by your Internet service provider.
Many games and applications may not work properly, until and unless these ports are opened.
Though, unblocking or opening these ports may decrease the network security level.
RELAX; you can set up this by yourself by using your home router port forwarding, follow the below steps.
- Log in to your Router by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1(whichever works) on the browser(chrome, edge)
- This will bring up the router login page where you need to log in with the username and password assigned to you. If you don’t know, kindly contact your internet service provider and ask them for the credentials.
- Once you are logged in to the Router look for “port forwarding” and click on it. Every router has different features, you can try looking in advanced settings or Application & Gaming.
- Now fill the following information in the port range
Name/Description – Roblox
Type/Service type – UDP
Inbound/Start – 49152
Private/End – 65535
- Now you need to enter the computer IP address. If you already have please enter and then click save and apply.
If you don’t have the computer IP address, follow the steps to find it.
Type CMD in the windows search box and click run as an administrator
Now type ipconfig in the black windows of command prompt and hit Enter.
This will give your computer an IP address.
Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
- Note the IP address and type where it asked for the IP address and click on save and apply.
Restart your computer and try running Roblox again.
#8 REINSTALL ROBLOX
Reinstalling Roblox would be the last method which may help you to get rid of Roblox error code 277 check your internet connection.
This is the last method you can try to fix the issues, and if none of the methods worked, you better contact Roblox.
To reinstall follow the below steps
- Type appwiz.cpl in the windows search box and hit enter key.
- A new window of programs and features will now come up, look for Roblox, right-click on it, and choose to uninstall.
- Download and install Roblox again from Microsoft store.
Discord streamers streaming Roblox can save discard tips blog for regular updates and troubleshooting guides on discord and games.
How to FIX Roblox Error Code 277 | Phone
You might be using your phone to play Roblox games and are you receiving any error code 277 check your internet connection.
There is not much troubleshooting for the phone, but I am sharing 3 methods which probably will help you to fix the problem.
#1 Enable/ Disable Airplane Mode
This is the easiest way you can try, where you can turn airplane mode on and off. This will refresh the network.
So chances are our problem gets fixed by following this simple trick.
#2 Reset Browser and Network
Unwanted Caches or network files may be a reason behind Roblox error code 277 on phone. So you need to clear and reset browser history and settings along with network settings.
Follow the steps to complete this process.
- Open Settings on your phone and look for general management and tap on it (or simply type reset internet settings in the search).
- In the general management, tap on reset and then on Reset network settings(You will need to connect to your internet again, so make sure you remember the password)
- Once done restart your phone and try Roblox again.
#3 Use VPN
A virtual private network is another method for fixing Roblox error code 277 while playing games.
This will connect you with the different IP addresses and can work fixing this error.
You can search for any VPN like Nord or Hotspot VPN on your play store. Once installed open the app and connect to any local location.
You read all the possible reasons and methods to fix Roblox error code 277. If the problem is not at the end of Roblox you have read many methods to fix this problem.
I would recommend you try these methods 1 by 1 and carefully which will give you an idea with the most suitable and working method for the next time.
If still you have issues, and nothing worked please let me know with a brief description in the comment box, I will surely bring some new tricks.
If any of the methods worked for you and you liked the article, then please share the article with other Roblox users.