If you’re like almost all of us, then you have probably tried deleting your Discord account because you can’t stand it anymore. In this article, you will learn how to delete a discord account on both phone and PC.
You don’t want to deal with the constant messages and mail messages from people’s accounts that you don’t know.
That is what is known as toxic friendships.
How to Delete a Discord Account temporarily?
Now I also want to clarify that there are a couple of more options that can do instead of deleting the discord account.
- Uninstall Discord Application
- Disable Discord Account
These 2 things are different than deleting your discord account and what is the purpose let me give you a short summary before proceeding.
Uninstalling Discord Application
Uninstalling the discord application will only delete the application from your device and not the discord account.
So, if you don’t want to use the app or want to reinstall discord you can go with this option and I would recommend fully uninstalling discord if you have this purpose.
Disable Discord Account
This is another alternate and discord says to go with this option instead of deleting your discord account permanently.
By Disabling the discord account you can recover it back anytime in the future.
So if you want to be out of discord for few days and probably you think there is a chance to come back, go with this option.
How to delete a Discord Account permanently on (PC)
If you have finally made your decision and want to permanently delete a discord account then follow the below instructions step by step.
How to transfer ownership of a discord server
Now if you have already done this, you can skip this part.
In order to transfer discord ownership you need to navigate to the server for which you want to transfer ownership.
- Right-click on the server or drop-down and choose “Server Settings“.
- From the left-hand menu bar, click on “Members” and then hover up to the member to whom you want to transfer your discord ownership.
- Click on the 3 dots and choose “Transfer Ownership“.
Once ownership has been transferred to the other member you can go ahead and delete your account.
Steps to Delete a Discord Account on PC (Windows)
- Open your Discord application
- Click on the user settings icon located at the very left-hand bottom, besides your username.
- You will now see the “My Account” section with your username, email, and phone number.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the account removal section.
- Here you will be displayed with two options
- So here you can decide again either you want to disable or permanently delete it.
- Click on “Delete Account” and on OK again if prompted with the confirmation box.
Now if instead of the confirmation box, it still shows you the message of transferring server ownership first, then you must check more servers that you owe.
There is another option as well for deleting a discord account where you need to submit a request to the discord support team.
How to Delete a Discord Account on Android
Deleting a discord account on phone is as simple as on the computer. Follow below simple steps.
- Launch your discord application.
- Swipe your screen left or right if you don’t see the homepage.
- On the discord homepage, tap on your profile picture located at the very right-hand bottom.
- Tap on the “My Account” menu to come to the account section. This will show your username, email, and password options.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will see “Delete Account” in red color.
- Now here again you have two options, either disable or delete the account. You can think again.
- Tap on Delete Account and then on the confirmation message to permanently delete the discord account.
Now if you are prompted to transfer the ownership first, then you need to transfer ownership first.
How to transfer discord ownership on phone
- Head over to the discord server you want to transfer the ownership and tap on settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Members.
- Now choose the member to whom you want to transfer the ownership and tap on the member name.
- Scroll down again and choose “Transfer ownership“.
How long does it take for a discord account to delete?
Discord takes between 14 to 30 days to completely delete your discord account permanently.
This is a period before which you can also request discord to access the account again.
So if you have deleted discord accidentally or changed your mind later then you can request to access the account again before this time duration.
The account would be recovered only if not deleted and let me also share what happens when you delete the discord account?
What happens when you delete the discord account?
As explained above discord will take about 14 to 30 days to permanently delete.
Now once you have deleted your discord account, here all the following points you must know.
- As soon as you delete the discord account you won’t be able to send any messages to any server.
- Messages and media you shared with other discord users or servers will remain as it is and will be displayed from a deleted users instead of showing your name.
“deleted user #000”
- So if you are planning to delete a discord account permanently then you must delete all those messages and media first that you shared. Else you won’t be able to delete them later.
People also asked
Does deleting a discord account delete messages?
No, it won’t delete messages after deleting your account. It will display by the “deleted user #000” and there will be no profile picture.
So you better delete all your messages and shared media like pictures and videos before deleting a discord account.
How to delete a disabled discord account
Now if you have disabled your discord account, then you won’t be able to access it until you recover again.
So you first need to recover your discord account and then go with the above steps.
Hope you know how to delete a discord account and what the other options along with the consequences are.
Probably I would recommend you to go with either uninstallation of discord or disabling the discord account.
I have seen many people changed their minds later to get back their accounts which were too late. Disabling your account will at least leave an option to recover your account back in the future.
Let me know if I missed something in this article or if you have any queries.