Discord username and ID can help you to gather a lot of information about discord users. If you know how to find your discord ID or someone else you can even know when his account was created.
You may have seen some users on discord having the same username that you do or probably you feel to find how long a user has been on discord.
So what is a Discord ID and what exactly does it do?
What is a Discord ID?
There are tons of users in discord and every user has a unique user ID. Discord ID is a unique 18 digit number allocated to every discord user.
Every user, message, channel, and the server has their unique ID on discord.
Discord ID and Username are 2 different things, so just for your clarification check Discord username and ID examples.
Discord username – Random#2941
Discord ID – 624267413008863441”
How to Find your Discord ID? PC
You can easily find users, messages, and server ID in just a few seconds by following the below simple steps.
There are several discord scams going on and mostly from a newly created account where they use a new account to share some kind of malware link, through which they hack the account.
Make sure you have enabled the discord developer mode as the “Copy ID” option will not be available if your developer mode is disabled.
How to Enable Discord Developer mode
- Open Discord app or web and log in with your account.
- Click on the settings ⚙️gear icon located at the very left-hand bottom.
- From the left-hand menu options scroll down a bit and click on Advanced.
- Now on the right-hand side, you will find Developer mode. Click on the toggle to enable it.
Once enabled it will be turned green and now you can view copy id for any user, message, channel, or server.
How to Find Discord User ID
- Open Discord through the app or web and make sure you are logged into your account.
- Navigate to the user for which you want to find the user ID.
- Right-click on the user to bring up the options and at the very bottom, you will find the Copy ID option, click on it to copy ID.
How to Find Discord Message ID
- Open Discord on your PC.
- Locate the message for which you want to copy ID.
- Right-click on the message and from the option choose “Copy ID”
How to Find Discord Channel ID
- Open Discord app or web on your PC.
- Locate the channel for which you want to copy ID.
- Right-click on the channel and from the option choose Copy ID.
How to Find Discord Server ID
- Open Discord on your PC and make sure you are logged in with your account.
- Navigate to the server of which you want to copy the ID.
- Right-click on the server and from the option choose Copy ID.
How to Find your Discord ID? Mobile
Finding Discord user, channel, or server ID on mobile is also easy to find and can be done in a few seconds.
You can follow the same steps to find your discord ID on Android and iPhone as well.
Here again, you need to first enable the Discord developer mode that will enable the “Copy ID” option.
How to Enable Discord Developer mode on Mobile
- Launch your discord app on your mobile.
- Tap on your profile picture located at the very right-hand bottom.
- Now scroll down to App settings and tap on “Behavior”.
- Here in the chat behavior, you will find developer mode, just toggle it on.
How to Find Discord ID on Mobile
- Once developer mode is on, relaunch your discord app.
- Now right click on the user, message, channel, or any discord server for which you want to get the ID.
- From the option choose Copy ID.
Once you have the user or server ID, you can go ahead and find more details with discord ID lookup.
Discord User Lookup
With Discord ID lookup you can collect several other pieces of information like user account creation date and user ID.
Follow below simple steps.
- Navigate to the Discord ID lookup website and simply paste the ID you just copied.
- Click on Lookup and this might ask you for captcha verification. Simply verify the captcha verification.
- Once done results will be displayed like User ID and when the account was created.
You can find any discord user and channel information using this discord ID lookup website.
How to Find your Discord Username
There are 2 simple ways to find your discord username. In case if you want to know someone else’s username then you can go with the above option of discord ID lookup as well.
Method 1 – Launch your discord app and hover up to your account profile picture at the very left-hand bottom.
Once you hover upon your username, a message will appear Click on copy username. Click on it copy and paste anywhere in your notepad to view it.
Method 2 – Open Discord and click on the settings gear icon located at the very left-hand bottom.
Here in the My Account section, you will see your discord username. In case if you don’t see then you will find streamer mode enabled.
So you first need to disable it, click on the tab where it says Streamer mode enabled, and then click on the toggle to disable it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Copy ID option will not be displayed if the developer mode is disabled on your discord. You need to enable developer mode both on PC and mobile to get the copy ID option.
No, there is no such notification system from discord when you copy your ID or someone else copies your ID.
There are many features and logic behind discord user ID and I am still looking to find out more so I can explore with you.
Hopefully, after reading how to find your discord ID you can easily know any message, channel, or user ID. I would recommend that you don’t accept a friend request from any new user and that you can check by finding their account creation date.
If you still have any problems or doubts related to Discord Id lookup or developer mode, then let me know in the comment box.