By default, discord server location is already set while creating an account but still you should know how to change discord server location.
You may have moved to a new location or have lagged in a voice call which can be fixed by changing the discord server region.
Discord automatically chooses the best voice server for you, but you may try changing the server location but if it doesn’t work make sure you set it to what it was before.
What is the Discord server location?
Whenever you create any server, discord automatically detects the closest location to get proper ping and response.
Discord Server location is now called Region Override.
Discord has many servers where all the client information is saved and as closest you will be to the discord server, lower your latency will be. Lower latency means a high-quality connection.
Still, Discord has given an option to manually change the location of the discord server which may help you to fix voice lag.
How to Change Discord Server location?
Changing the Discord voice server region is simple and easy to perform, but before changing server location you must be aware of the following points.
- You must be the owner of the Discord voice server for which you want to change the location
- If you are not the owner, you must have Manage server permission enabled on your role.
- You might not see a few options if you have none of the above permission or access. You can request the Discord server owner for this permission
You can change the server location direct from your Discord voice channel.
Follow these steps to know how to change the discord server location
How to Change Server Location on Discord (PC)
Discord navigations have been changed and now you need to manually change the server location of discord from every channel.
Follow the below steps to change the discord server location.
- Open your discord server and then come to the channel for which you want to change the region.
- Click on the Settings gear icon in front of the channel to open channel settings.
- Now in the overview section, scroll down to the bottom and you will find Region Override.
- Click on the drop-down of Region override and choose the nearest location.
How to Change Server Location on Discord Mobile
Changing the discord server region on Android or iPhone mobile is as easy as on PC. Follow the below simple steps.
- Launch the Discord app on your phone and open the server where you want to change the region override.
- Now tap and hold on to the voice channel that will bring up the channel settings.
- Here you will find Region override, tap on it, and from the list choose the nearest region.
Hopefully, this will fix the discord lag during the call and if not you can also try changing to another location.
Where are Discord Servers located?
Discord users are now globally and currently, Discord servers are available in the following locations.
- South Africa
- US Central, US East, US West, and US South
You can choose these locations whichever is closest to your physical presence to get the lower latency and best performance.
Does Discord show your location?
Discord does not show its users’ location and keeps it hidden for much security purposes. Make sure you do not click on any link posted by someone with whom you are not familiar or know him.
We got a lot of feedback from discord users, telling us that people got to know about their location. The fact was they clicked a link that shared their location with the people who send the link.
Please do not click on such links as they can be malware, virus, or any spyware through which your credentials can be compromised.
Does Discord record you?
Discord collects almost every information of its users through its communication platforms. All user data goes through with a Discord centralized server which is recorded.
- IP Address
- Device UUID
- Users e-mail address
- Text Messages
- VOIP Data
- Open rates for email
This article taught you how to change discord server location, discord server region, and Discord privacy.
Remember you have the option to change the discord server region manually as it’s already set by discord detecting the closest location.
You need to try several ways like changing your closest location and even doing the same for others by sharing this article with your group.
Please let me know if you still have any other questions in your mind related to Discord and leave your comment in the comment box with your feedback,