In this article, I have shared that how to post GIFs on Discord with and without links which means when you choose and select GIF to send, it comes with a link as well. So if you wish you can send it with a link or without a link.
I will also share that how to send GIFs on Discord mobile so keep reading till the bottom.
Read the complete article to understand and learn
- How to post GIFs in Discord?
- How to upload GIFs to Discord?
- How to send GIFs on Discord without the link?
How to Post GIFs on Discord with Discord inbuilt GIFs
In this method, you can post GIFs to any individual member or server with the Discord inbuilt GIFs. Follow the steps below
- Open your Discord Dashboard either through apps or the web.
- Now from the left-hand panel, find the server or user where you want to send GIFs.
- The chat screen will now come up, look beside the chat screen you will find a GIF box with an emoji right to it.
- Click on the GIF box, which will come up with all GIFs, you can also search for the GIFs you want by typing in the search box.
- Select and click on the GIF you want to send.
- You have successfully sent the GIF and hopefully, it’s easy for you now to send GIFs to Discord.
Related article: How to make a discord channel private
How to Upload GIFs to Discord from device or GIFs website
In case if you already have saved GIFs on your device or want to send them by websites like Giphy.com then follow the steps below.
- Open your Discord dashboard by clicking on the Discord app icon or going to the website www.discord.com
- Now from the left-hand panel choose the server or user to whom you want to send GIFs.
- Once the server or user chat screen is up, scroll down to the chat panel, look for a + sign beside it and click on it.
- Another box will come up which will ask you to choose the location of GIFs saved on your device.
- Choose the location of your GIFs, click on it, and then click open.
- If you have no GIFs saved on your device, NO PROBLEM, let’s download it from www.giphy.com.
- Click the above link to open the Giphy website
- Search and choose the one you want to send.
- Now right-click on the GIFs and click “open link in new tab”
- GIF will now open in a new tab, right-click on it again and click on “save image as”.
- You can give a name to this GIF and save it to your desktop or to any location you want.
- Come back to the Discord chatbox again and click on the + sign to choose the location of the GIF you just saved and open it.
- On the next screen, you will get an option to comment on the GIF before sending it
- Write any comment if you want to and click Upload.
- It will upload and send the GIF
Note: – You can also grab GIFs from your device to directly chat box to send
The above method of uploading GIFs to Discord will upload GIFs from your device or website and will be without any link.
Without link means, GIF sends will be without any reference link and will be just GIF.
While learning how to post GIFs on Discord with Discord inbuilt GIFs, you must have noticed GIFs sent to the user or server along with a GIFs web link.
Anyhow if you want to send GIFs through Discord inbuilt GIFs without a link, then only what you can do is
- Open Discord dashboard
- You must have a demo discord account or any other discord account that is not so active just for the demo purpose.
- Now go to the GIF option besides the chat panel and search for your desired GIFs.
- Send that GIF to the same user which we discussed in point no 2 and once sent copy the link and open it in your browser.
- Right-click on the GIF opened on your browser and click “Save image as”
- Choose the location you want to save and come back again to the discord dashboard.
- Now navigate to the user or server to whom you really wished to send this GIF, click on the + sign and browser the location of the GIF you saved, and click open to send.
How to Send GIFs on Discord Mobile
There is a simple trick or way that you need to follow to send GIFs on Discord mobile both on Android and iPhone.
As there is no GIFs option on the Discord mobile app, so just follow the below simple steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your phone (You can also use Safari, I am just taking chrome for the explanation).
- Now on the Chrome address bar type discord.com to open the discord website.
- Once the discord website is up, tap on the 3 dots located at the very right-hand top of Google Chrome, and from the suggestion check the box of Desktop site.
- Discord will now load in the desktop version, simply click on the login option to sign in to your discord account.
- Now open the server or DM where you want to send GIFs and on the right side of the chatbox you will see the GIFs option.
- Tap on it and choose the one that you want to send.
Similarly, you can follow the same steps if you want to send any external GIFs without links with the steps given above.
Related Article: How to Test voice on Discord
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: – How to get GIFs on Discord?
Answer: – IF you are on Discord PC, You have two options
- Discord inbuilt GIF, which you can find just behind the text chat panel
- You can save from the website like www.giphy.com or www.tenor.com
Question: – Does Discord have GIFs?
Answer: – Yes, and now Discord is also offering Add to favorites options as well, where while sending any GIFs you will get an option to add to favorites.
Question: – Which are the best sites for downloading GIFs for Discord?
Discord offers us a variety of features while texting and calling. In this article, you learned not only how to post a GIF on Discord but also how to send without a link and other ways as well.
Once you will understand and become familiar with using GIFs on Discord you can easily play with other things as well and this is how your knowledge increases.
I tried my best to explain how to send and upload GIFs in Discord, still, if I missed anything or you want to learn more then please let me know in the comment box. I will quickly come back with a reply.
Please share your question and topic as well if you want me to write on that.
Thank you for reading.