In this article, I am sharing the step-by-step tutorial on how to record discord audio with OBS on Windows 10.
Being a streamer or normal use of Discord you might have your own reasons to record discord audio.
By default, there is no such features from discord, and here comes OBS in use again. You can also record your discord audio with Audacity.
By the way, do you think there should be a recording option on discord?
Let me know in the comment box.
How to Record Discord Audio with OBS on Windows 10
You might have heard about OBS studio or Streamlab OBS, which has multiple features and is one of the best methods to record discord audio.
OBS will record both Discord Audio and Video call.
OBS can be used for
- Screen Recording
- Record Discord Audio
There are many more options on OBS.
Now let’s start with how to record discord audio with OBS on Windows 10
- If you have not downloaded yet then visit the OBS website to download it first.
- Once downloaded, launch the OBS application.
- Now click on the + icon, located under the Sources box at the left-hand bottom.
- From the drop-down suggestions, click on “Audio Output Capture”.
- Name this audio output capture as Record Discord Audio or anything you want that you can easily identify.
- Check the box of “Make source visible” and then click on Ok.
- Properties box for this Audio output capture will now be up, click on the device drop-down and choose the audio source like your speaker or headphone. Once done click on Ok.
- Now you are good to go. Click on the Start Recording button located at the very right-hand bottom whenever you want to record your discord audio.
How to Change Recording format on OBS for Discord Audio
OBS allows you to make changes with the recording options like format, path, and quality.
Let’s see how you can do that
- Launch your OBS application and click on Settings located at the very right-hand bottom.
- The settings box will now be up, from the left-hand menu options click on Output.
- Come to the recording section and here you can change your recording path, format, and quality.
- Once done click on Apply and then on OK.
How to Record and Test Discord Recorded Audio (OBS)
This is very important that you should test whether OBS is recording your discord audio properly or not.
How to record Discord audio with OBS studio
- Launch your discord application on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Choose any user or server where you can make a call to test.
- Now open your OBS application and start your discord call, once started quickly click on the Start Recording button that is on the very right-hand bottom of OBS.
- Discord audio will now start recording with OBS and as soon as you are done click on Stop recording.
How to Test Discord Recorded Audio
- On the very left hand-top of OBS, click on File and then click on Show recordings.
- The recorded folder will now be up and will show your discord recorded audio.
- Double click on the file to play.
Now, this is important to check how OBS is recording your discord audio.
If the audio is blank, make sure you have properly configured the Audio output capture and your discord microphone is properly configured.
Recording Discord audio while streaming or during an important call can be really useful for future use.
Hopefully, after reading this article on how to record discord audio with OBS you can easily record any of your discord audio or video.
If I have missed anything in this article or you need more information on record discord audio, let me know in the comment box.